Common Problems faced by Entrepreneurs

Profile image for chesterf
chesterf (Free Agent) Posted 1 year ago

Hey fellow entrepreneurs! If you guys are like me – and I’m sure most of you are – you probably have a lot of different hats to wear when you run your business. I feel like I’ve got so many different roles, and I’m wondering what advice you have for maintaining them all!

My business is getting to the point where I’d still like to do everything myself, but it is getting less and less practical.

For example, I know that it’s important to work on my business and not just in it, but when I’ve got an order from a client, I want to make sure I don’t waste any time on earning that revenue. This might take me away from some marketing efforts that I had planned or from some other task that might not earn revenue in the short term but could help my business grow long term.

I’ve considered contracting out some of my work before but it’s hard to find people that will work as hard as I do. The last thing I want is to contract someone and then actually end up having to do more work because I have to clean up after their mistakes.

Also, I can tend to be a bit of a workaholic sometimes. I can get so caught up in my work that I’ll sit at my computer for hours and even forget to eat. I know that’s not healthy (sitting being the new smoking and all that) but I love what I do!

So, I guess what I’m asking is, does anyone have tips on how to maintain the different roles you have as an entrepreneur? Do you makeup schedules or use any kind of time management app? As for hiring contractors, what are some best practices? And what about a personal life? How do you tear yourselves away from your work?

Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say on this!

Page: